Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Power of Prayer

What do you believe?

I believe my Heavenly Father knows and loves me very much, just like he knows and loves each person on the planet very much. I believe He has a plan for each of us, I just can't see the "Big Picture" like He does.

I believe in the power of prayer. I think there is a lot of power available to us, that we don't "tap into," simply because we don't take the time to ponder and ask when we pray. Myself included, of course.

I had a good testimony-building experience on prayer, when Frank and I climbed Long's Peak, 2nd attempt and this one was successful. Let's see if I can find it.

Well, I have just spent 20 minutes looking for it, and alas, I think it has gone the way of so many things when you move...into the dreaded "Black Hole."

I summarized our climb to Long's Peak, and I thought it was actually a good paper. But anyway. I pulled a leg muscle about a month before climbing...this was after training for a YEAR. We tried to climb the summer before, but it ended up being too cold. We planned for warmer temps and I was shivering in shorts, for Pete's sake. So, we continued training for a year, then I go and pull this leg muscle.

I spent the next month praying for my leg to be okay to climb, knowing that if it hurt in the beginning of the climb, it would only get worse. I was careful, but still planned on going.

I could still feel the pull the night before we were to hike. But it didn't hurt, I could just feel it.

Heavenly Father heard me, though. I was careful, and I took it slow, and the whole day it didn't hurt. We made the climb and descent.

No comments:

Post a Comment