Thursday, April 8, 2010

Preparing for Easter

It has been a little while since I have been contemplative--! We have just finished a month of dealing with torrential rains that brought flood waters to our basement. Talk about feeling frustrated, hopeless and helpless.

I have been asked to speak this Sunday for our Easter program in Sacrament Meeting. I was actually grateful for the chance to focus on something besides water in my house! Of course it is all too much to fit into one talk. I narrowed it down to a couple of the miracles he did in the New Testament, the Garden of Gethsemane, and the Resurrection. Which is still WAY too much. But I can't leave out any of it, so it will have to do.

I love Easter. I love researching in the New Testament about Jesus' life and his miracles and works. He so understood people.

I have read more about the Atonement, and I hope that with study, I can eventually come to understand it better. Such an amazing and overwhelming sacrifice, so we can return to our Father in Heaven someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment