Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Atonement of Jesus Christ

Hello! Time flies when you have a lot to do...or maybe it goes slower?

I gave that talk on Sunday--our Easter program was 1 week later than Easter because of our fabulous General Conference the weekend before.

I'm sure it was more for me than for anyone else in the congregation. For the entire week before, I researched the life, sacrifices, crucifixion and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. What a nice relief from thinking about water problems all the time!

It made me think about my own testimony of our Savior. It solidified in my mind and heart the fact that the Lord knows me personally and knows my trials and struggles. The Atonement is not just for when I make a mistake or break a commandment. Christ bore our pains and our sicknesses. He knows our grief. He will carry our burdens if we let him.

I may just put the talk into this blog. It was good for me to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment